Part Time Library Clerk
Blackshear Place Library
The Hall County Library is currently seeking an individual to perform general library duties on a part-time basis. These duties include shelving, checking materials in and out, collecting fines and fees, registering new patrons, assisting patrons with general questions, repairing damaged materials, and other duties as assigned. The work schedule includes some nights and weekends.
In addition to the above library responsibilities, the successful applicant must be willing and able to certify as a passport acceptance agent (see requirements below).
Basic clerical and computer skills are required. Bilingual in Spanish is highly desirable. A High School Diploma or GED is required. Salary is $9.42 per hour, 18 hours per week. The Hall County Library System is a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer. Successful applicants must pass a drug test and criminal background check. HCLS participates in E-Verify.
Benefits include optional Flexible Benefits of Georgia.
Posted: March 22, 2018
Deadline: Until Filled
Employees are eligible to accept passport applications if they meet all of the following requirements and complete official training to obtain certification:
- Are at least eighteen years of age
- Are U.S. citizens or U.S. nationals
- Are permanent full-time or part-time employees (not temporary, contractual, ad hoc, or volunteer)
- Are not on parole or probation related to any Federal, State, or local felony or misdemeanor related to breach of trust or moral turpitude (i.e. embezzlement, document fraud, drug offense, or dishonesty carrying out a responsibility involving public trust)
- Are not presently under indictment for any Federal, State, or local felony or misdemeanor related to breach of trust or moral turpitude
- Are free of any Federal, State, or local felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions related to breach of trust or moral turpitude