Floater – 18 hours per week
South Hall Branches (Blackshear Place Library, Spout Springs Library, Gainesville Library)
This position serves in several public and technical services work areas of the library based on staffing needs, library activity, and requirements for substitutes to fill positions while other staff members are on leave. Examples of work include: assists technical services in preparing materials for circulation, repairs books and multi-media materials, checks invoices for technology services, performs circulation activities including checking materials in and out and registering new borrowers, assists patrons in locating materials and place holds, shelves library materials, and other duties as assigned. Must be able to accept passport applications (see acceptance requirements below).
Ability to understand and use complex electronic catalog, circulation, and patron record computer programs as well as e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and desktop publishing programs. Ability to communicate effectively with the public and staff. Basic clerical skills including understanding of alphabetical and numerical order. Ability to travel among library branch locations as needed for work assignments. Accuracy in shelving materials and filing. Flexible scheduling availability. Ability to lift 10 pounds and push a cart with up to 100 pounds on it. Ability to bend knees, stretch and lift up to 3 pounds over your head.
High school diploma or GED required. Written and oral Spanish (bilingual) skills desired. Preference given to candidates with library experience.
The library system is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer, and participates in federal E-Verify screening. The successful applicant must also undergo a criminal background check and drug screening. Salary is 11.07 per hour. Benefits include optional Flexible Benefits Plan.
Apply online at https://www.hallcountylibrary.org/jobapp
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of application
Employees are eligible to accept passport applications if they meet all of the following requirements and complete official training to obtain certification:
- Are at least eighteen years of age
- Are U.S. citizens or U.S. nationals
- Are permanent full-time or part-time employees (not temporary, contractual, ad hoc, or volunteer)
- Are not on parole or probation related to any Federal, State, or local felony or misdemeanor related to breach of trust or moral turpitude (i.e. embezzlement, document fraud, drug offense, or dishonesty carrying out a responsibility involving public trust)
- Are not presently under indictment for any Federal, State, or local felony or misdemeanor related to breach of trust or moral turpitude
- Are free of any Federal, State, or local felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions related to breach of trust or moral turpitude
Date Posted: June 15, 2022
Deadline to Apply: Until Filled
Position Available: July 1, 2022